for Sports Events
Scroll down to read more…
COMPANY Director and Lead PhysiotherapistCorinne is a Chartered Physiotherapist based in the UK and holds a BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy from The University of Nottingham. Corinne is a keen sportsperson herself; her personal interest in this field is embodied by her passion for musculoskeletal and sports injuries work.
Corinne has worked within many sporting areas including: championship football clubs, National Rugby Union, marathons, triathlons and cycling events. Events and acute physiotherapy are her main passion as she understands how important pre, during and post treatment can be through these challenging times.
CJ Physiotherapy’s work is specifically aimed at sporting environments and events around the world. From trekking the Himalayas to cycling through the jungle, our services are exclusively tailored to individual events, expeditions, competitions or contests. We facilitate our provision in diverse locations and environments, specialising in traversing difficult terrain in remote locations. This enables us to provide unequivocal services in a range of global settings.
Our philosophy invests in a proactive approach, educating clients in their overall health and physical wellbeing in conjunction with treatment programmes. We believe that the best outcomes are achieved through expedient treatment.
Working alongside athletes, competitors, sportspersons and weekend warriors alike, CJ Physiotherapy offers preventative, proactive, recovery and educational treatment programmes.
Here at CJ Physiotherapy, we have travelled extensively and worked with various event organisers. We understand the terrains that events can bring with them, the risks that may be encountered and the importance of getting help and support from a healthcare professional as soon as able.
We work alongside the organisers of events to ensure both the event and participants receive an exclusive, tailored physiotherapy package. Offering physiotherapy provisions to a wide variety of sporting and charity events, weekend retreats, tours, treks and training sessions.
We can cater for half or full day events, stage races, endurance events, charity events, sports & charity matches, yoga retreats and many more.
For further information, please contact us so we can assist in designing a programme specific to your needs.
All of our packages are tailored specifically to the sporting area and location that we are working in. We recognise the intensity of competitive and endurance sporting events and therefore offer the following (including, but not limited to);
- Acute and wilderness first aid
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of acute, subacute and chronic injuries
- Educational resources and advice
- Exercise therapy including strength and conditioning
- Expedition physiotherapy
- Manual Therapy (manipulation, massage, mobilisations and other soft tissue therapy)
- Rehabilitation including preventative
- Risk analysis
For more information regarding tailored packages specific for your event, please contact us here.
MTB Himalaya 2017
Race Communication Officer and Organiser, MTB Himalaya
Rumble In The Jungle 2017
Rumble In The Jungle 2017
28th September – 7th October
Yak Attack, Nepal
3rd November – 16th November 2017
Pokhara IV, Nepal
11th Feb – 16th Feb 2018
Rumble in the Jungle, Sri Lanka
8th – 15th June 2018
What are Physiotherapists?
The title of ‘Physiotherapist’ is a protected professional title. Anybody that is practicing under this MUST have been to university and gained a degreed in Physiotherapy, undertake regular training, treat with the latest evidence based practice and be registered with the HCPC.
How much will it cost?
How will this help me and / or my event?
Helps Event Organisers:
- Instill and provide a trusted and safe environment for their participants, events team and crew; in even the most remote of environments
- Offers something unique
- Encourages proactive treatment and health maintenance
- Increases fundraising potential
- Increase positivity and promotes positive mental attitudes in their participants
- Improves event and expedition safety
- Receive quick and safe treatment of acute injuries
- Feel reassured that their individual medical needs can be addressed ASAP by a qualified professional
- Trust that a health care professional is on board; for those ‘in case of emergency’ situations
- Cool down and warm up effectively
- Reduce the risk of injuries
- Maintain motivation
- Increase movements and endurance